For my first blog post, I thought I’d post something for Mothers’ Day. I think the easiest thing to teach kids to bake are scones. So to ensure that they know how to bake them for Mothers’ Day tea this Sunday, I taught them this super easy recipe:
15ml baking powder
60ml castor sugar
65g butter (soft, room temperature)
1. Preheat oven to 200 º C
2. Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
3. Rub the butter into the dry ingredients until they look like bread crumbs.
4. Beat the egg into the milk and add to the flour mixture.
5. Mix together with a knife and then use your hands to form a dough.
6. Turn out onto a floured surface and pat flat, about two cm high.
7. Using a scone cutter, or just a glass, cut scones from dough.
8. Place scones onto a greased baking sheet and brush with a little more milk.
9. Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
10. Allow to cool before serving with jam and cheese or with cream and jam.
2 Comments Add yours
mmmm Grace they look yummy – definitely going to get the kids to have a go at those. Wow you’ve come so far since I first ‘met’ you and Dot on FB all those years ago. x
LikeLiked by 1 person
Glad you like them, have a happy Mothers’ Day. I’ve loved the journey so much!